I’m going to try to get up a couple of posts this week. My birthday is Saturday and I’ll be turning 30!!! I’m excited but also a little nervous… does this mean I have to start acting like an adult, because that sounds pretty awful!
In honor or turning 30 here 30 random things about me:
- I’m obsessed with lipstick, I currently have 3 lipsticks, 2 stain glosses and 3 lip-liners in my purse.
- I can recite all the 50 U.S. states in alphabetical order.
- I’m a terrible speller without spell check, seriously I just spelled “recite” wrong.
- My hair is naturally blonde… kidding, just making sure you’re paying attention.
- I’m very sarcastic… see #4. 😉
- I love Eggs Benedict, it’s probably one of my favorite meals of all time, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- I love TV, not only do I work in television, but I’m a HUGE TV watching freak. Name a show and I’ve probably seen every season.
- I have a mini-schnauzer named Emma, she’s 6 years old. I adopted her from the Humane Society and she’s the sweetest pup you’ll ever meet in your life. Plus my boyfriend and I also have a Pitbull named Ace who is a cuddle monster! The two pups are besties!
- I love kayaking, especially in the Florida springs. It’s amazing!
- I worked in the restaurant business for 8 years, cooking, hosting and serving.
- I enjoy watching home shopping shows, for some reason they always keep me hooked.
- My favorite dessert is Crème Brûlée… it’s so good!!!!
- My grandparents are from Canada… eh?!
- I love Christmas music, almost too much!!!!!
- I learned how to swim when I was three, although I remember it being a terrifying experience with an evil swim instructor who wanted to drown me. #dramatic
- I was a competition cheerleader when I was in high-school… Go Sharks!
- The town I grew up in is the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World… and I love strawberries!
- My hair is naturally curly… really, really curly! I straighten it every other day or so.
- I love “I Love Lucy,” I have dressed up as her for Halloween and my office is decorated in an array of “I Love Lucy” decor!
- My first CD ever was Mariah Carey, Daydream.
- I love Root Beer… I’m one of those people.
- I have lots and lots of freckles, which I hated as a kid, but now I’ve learned to love.
- I’ve had two great-grandmothers live to be over 100 years old.
- I paint my nails at least once or twice a week. (I’m currently obsessed with white nail polish!)
- I love to sing, I have been in multiple choruses throughout my life.
- I swam with stingrays in the Cayman Islands.
- I have severe motion sickness at times… boats, cars, roller coasters. It’s awful!
- I talk very loudly when I get excited!
- I hate washing my hair, because it’s so curly it’s such a pain!
- I love hats… see #29. 😉
And there you have it, 30 random things, it was actually more difficult to create than I thought it was going to be! ❤