There are sooooo many fashion blogs in this crazy world-wide web so I think it’s really awesome that upcoming bloggers are supporting each other. The wonderful LACE OF TIME nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’m stealing her words her, but I agree that “blogs without a million followers are sticking together and getting creative to help each other grow and prosper.”
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 400 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here’s the questions and answers that I was asked:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
I’ve written about fashion in a “What’s Trending” section for my station website (CW44.com) for a few years because I’ve always loved fashion. I’ve been a lover of fashion blogs for a few years now, but wasn’t sure I could do it myself. I don’t have a ton of money, but I truly believe “it’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it” that matters, so I said F- it, I don’t care if my entire outfit cost less than so and so’s headband I’m going to rock it out. So here I am.. Target shoes and all!
2. Who is your favorite style icon?
I feel like this is always changing, but at the moment I would have to say Olivia Palermo.
3. What do you do to motivate yourself?
I continue to push my boundaries.
4. Where is your favorite place to sit and write your blog?
To be honest.. I do a lot of writing on my lunch break at work in my office.
5. Which celebrity’s style inspires you?
I really enjoy when celebrities take risks with their fashion.. and one of my current favorites whether she’s dressed up or down is Nicole Richie. She always adds that perfect amount of funk to every look she wears.
6. What is your ideal vacation destination?
I would love love LOVE to visit Hawaii!
7. What language would you love to learn?
Spanish and sign language, I live in Florida so Spanish would be beneficial and I have a young cousin whom (at the moment) communicates only through sign language.
8. What is the best gift you have ever received?
This is tough, but I would have to say it is the blue Sapphire ring that my dad made for me as a young girl (he was a Jeweler). The ring no longer fit after some time and my mother had it re-sized and surprised me with it when I was in high school. I still wear it all the time and it reminds me of my father every day.
9. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Pretty much every Christmas morning.. my mom liked to spoil us.
10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a blog?
Do it already.. chances are you’ve been thinking about it for a while, but aren’t sure where to start. Just sit down at the computer and start writing.
Here’s my questions for you lovely ladies:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s you favorite current fashion trend?
3. If you had to name your style.. what would you call it?
4. Who is your favorite style icon?
5. Where do you get your daily inspiration?
6. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
7. At what age did you realize that fashion was important to you?
8. Name one thing you’ve never done but really want to do.
9. Name one fashion rule you always follow.
10. What makes you happy?
Thanks again to LACE OF TIME for the nomination!